Happy Trips

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I need a tropical beach to retire to

Man on man, do I wish I was on a tropical beach right now. St. Louis has gotten very cold in the last few days. Yesterday I had to wait over an hour for a bus and thought I was going to freeze even though I was dressed quite warmly. Yet it wasn't much worse than being inside my apartment, because at that time I had no electricity, and therefore no heat (we have gas heat but it requires an electrically operated fan to blow it). An ice storm very late Friday night knocked down wires for over 100,000 homes, including mine. I did finally get power again sometime last night while I was at the library.

Yes, I'd be very happy if I never go through a St Louis winter again.

Of course, I just saw on The Drudge Report that there was snow in Malibu . . .

Global warming is tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home